Friday, November 2, 2012

My Opinion : Clinique Superbalanced Makeup

Hi there ladies!

I'm not a foundation wearer, in fact I don't have any foundation except NYX foundation which I hate because it's cakey and feels like mask on me ewwh. I also tried the Revlon ColorStay one but not really impressed with it. I'm looking for sheer to medium coverage, not full coverage and doesn't have SPF in it and of course not too expensive. I was googling and found this Clinique Superbalanced Makeup. I've been wearing this foundation since 2 months a go (I'm just wearing foundation for hang out and special occasion, not everyday). So here's my opinion


The container is made from glass which quite heavy and not too travel friendly, but I kinda like the matte looking glass :) also I love the size of it, not too tall so it fit perfect on my makeup drawer. Doesn't come with the pump, sometimes i pouring too much  and end up wasting some of the product.




My shade is 65 Neutral, lady at Clinique counter really help me to find the right shade for me and she's explain about each foundation they have so I can decided which one I wan to get. The shade is perfect for me.

I'm not an expert for reviewing foundation, I have to say that the finish of this foundation is 'skin' finish, not too dewy, not too matte. You still can see your skin through this foundation, because this is sheer to medium coverage, if you a full coverage foundation lover I'm not suggest this foundation you will disappointed.

For your preference, I have normal to oily skin (mostly on my T-Zone area I get oily). I need to blot my face after 3 hours applied this foundation. If you have super oily skin I'm not recommend this foundation. This foundation doesn't cakey up on me, I never have a 'smile line' problem with it.


I've tried 2 ways to apply this foundation. First with traditional foundation brush, but I'm not happy with the result because I can see the stroke on my face and it takes a long time to do it. Second one is with the E.L.F Powder Brush and the result is amazing, it even out the foundation application and doesn't take a long time.

It cost IDR 285,000 in Indonesia, not too expensive for high end foundation. I don't know if I would repurchase this, I'm dying to try Makeup For Ever HD Foundation.

Have you ever tried Clinique makeup?

Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment